Learn more about the representation I offer in a variety of legal areas by contacting my office in Goshen, New York, or by calling 845-294-2616.
I am here to help clients find effective solutions to their family law concerns. Let me help you make the important decisions you have to make, to provide you and your family with a better future.
Family Law, Orange County, NY
Serving the Hudson Valley for Over 28 Years
Orange County - Ulster County - Dutchess County
Rockland County - Westchester County - Sullivan County
Going through a child custody battle or a divorce can be difficult. You might be uncertain of what to expect or what will happen next. You need someone to explain the legal proceedings to you, and to help you make the right decisions for your future.
At the law office of Harvey C. Kallus, P.C., I have over 28 years of experience helping clients in the Hudson Valley resolve family law cases. If you need advice concerning divorce, equitable distribution, child custody or support, contact my office for a consultation with an experienced lawyer.
Assisting Clients With Family Law Concerns
I represent clients in a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: There is no case more important than your divorce lawsuit. I work hard to protect your rights, while educating you on the law, so you can make informed decisions on your case. A good case result requires that a client understands all the long-term implications of the decision that he or she is making. I carefully examine all the factors in your case, so that sound goals are set, and we work toward accomplishing those goals.
- Child custody and visitation: Parents must protect their children and their own parental rights. I help clients understand what factors the court considers in custody determinations, so the right decisions can be made, and your goals achieved.
- Child and spousal support: Support calculations must be based upon accurate information to yield the appropriate orders. I work with you to help ensure your support will accurately reflect your income and expenses.
- Orders of protection: When your family's safety is at risk, you must act. Temporary orders can have long-term consequences. An experienced attorney can help protect your rights, whether you are bringing the petition or defending against allegations.
- Abuse and neglect petitions: If false allegations have been filed with the court, it is important to respond appropriately. Respondents are entitled to receive discovery before trial; however, actions must be taken to protect your rights. I also work with clients in expungement hearings, to reverse determinations.
- Paternity: Before a life-long relationship has begun, it is important that paternity be established, through DNA testing and other discovery. I help parties obtain information so this issue can be resolved.
- Adoption: I work with client's throughout the adoption process, including representation in a contested hearing, if necessary, to make sure the process moves forward in a timely manner.
- Same-sex partners: I represent individuals and couples in same-sex relationships as they deal with a variety of family law issues, including divorce, child custody and adoption.
- Real estate law: Buying or selling real estate can be stressful. You need an experienced hand working with you throughout the process. My office works closely with realtors, banks and title insurers, from contract to closing